8.31.2007

Friday is Funday


On campus today! I went to the Office of Security and Safety, and got my student i.d. card. Then on to the bookstore, where I almost broke into a cold sweat at the realization this was all happening, but I got over it and tried to find my books as quickly as possible, since Eric was causing quite a stir taking snapshots of my every move. I felt a bit like Paris Hilton at Sardi's.

Six books, three of them used, slightly less than three hundred bucks. They're sitting in a neat stack on the desk in the den, waiting for me to get over my fear of them.

Enough of that--on to the fair!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this is adorable.

And I'm so glad that you're employing good body mechanics, lifting that heavy book with your legs, and not your back.

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute! Look at you surrounded by all that knowledge! I love it. Happy reading! I'm tempted to get the books myself so that I can study along with you...oh, wait a minute...nope, that feeling just passed. Never mind. Good luck, though!

Anonymous said...

Now a bookstore, that's my idea of "the best part of my week."

Judging by the "I'm six and tomorrow I get to ride the BUS!" look on your face at the bookstore, I think you're lying about the whole "broke into a cold sweat," which most of us reserve for, yes, piano lesson day.

Ann (I'm not sure why my identity isn't recognized today. Any ideas?)

Anonymous said...

"Look at my BIIIG books!"

Wunderbar, Scott! Do you want help making book covers out of grocery store brown paper bags? We could decorate them real purdy...