10.30.2007

A day endured

I woke up this morning dreading today. Eric is doing great after his surgery, but he's basically immobile, and not able to do much on his own. Here's how bad it is: I had to learn how to operate our coffee maker (hey, it's not as easy as it sounds; it has many complicated parts, and a jet engine). Then something in the crockpot for dinner, then playing nursing assistant for the Rock, getting him comfortable and fed. Then dumping the dog off at Downtown Dogs for a chance at some attention and exercise, a stop at work (for too brief a time), finally to school. A German exam, followed by a couple hours to finish a short paper for LitCrit at 12:50pm, then back to pick up the dog, then some cramming for my Anthrodullogy midterm. Off to Anthro where I did fine on the exam (the best part was leaving at 7:08pm after the test, instead of the usual 9pm). The day got markedly better when I realized it was all over; I enjoyed Liberty Custard with New-And-Improved-Now-Kidney-Stone-Free BossofMe and her patient, patient Phil. Now at home with Rock; puppy's been walked, and I have nothing to do but concentrate on you, my loyal reader.

Some news: LitCrit Prof K, lean and fit and angular, announced today that she and her partner are with child. If her partner is a man, the jaw-dropper is that she's due Christmas Eve. This woman only wears close-fitting black knits. I stared at her the entire class period, trying in vain to figure out where 31 weeks worth of baby is hiding. I gave up. If each of my loyal readers sent me a dollar, I'd only need 389 more to buy an iPhone to surreptitiously take a photo of Prof K of the No Frickin' Way She's This Far Along. So the other, more likely option, is that her partner is the one who's carrying. In any case, she's amazing. And I'm not just saying that because she posted an A for my midterm grade.

Yes, and there's an A in German, too. Anthro gets posted tomorrow; if it's less than an A, and it shouldn't be, I'll take a highdive off a curb. For those of you keeping score, we're on track for the dean's list. It's all I want for Christmas. Really.

Stay tuned: a new Going40 contest will be announced later this week. This one will require the kind of creativity and smarts for which Going40 readers are famous. And since you won't have to leave home for this one, everyone can play! Fabulous exotic prizes await.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the kick-ass grades, young man! I'm eager to see what the next contest is...

Anonymous said...

Wow! You can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan, and with such elan, too! I mean, I knew you were superman but really, you're making the rest of us look like slackers.

Congrats on the grades! Very proud of you and everything you do.

:)

deb said...

I insist that you carry my iPhone with you on Thursday and play with the buttons until we have photos. I'll get it to you tomorrow night. I'll be the trick-or-treater at the door in the middle-aged psychologist costume, and I'll want candy.

PS Yes you will have to also return the phone to me at the end of the exercise.

PPS Oh no!! Is choir going to interfere with my plan? More on this tomorrow.

burt c said...

Whew, you decidedly need a superhero cape with a shield that describes your super powers.... I'm definitely impressed by them!

I'm looking forward to participating in the next contest!