1. I am dead-tired. The major life lesson I learned from both parents is to become absolutely obsessed with a project. So today I painted. Primed, actually, and am almost finished with that part of the project.
2. The new color: Mountain Air. It joins Bare Branches and the pretty dark brown that I can't remember the name. We say goodbye to Fresco and Red Miso. They have served us well. Our new palette is lighter, softer, and more subtle.
3. Eric does NOT like having his nest all messed up. I find the whole thing very exciting so don't mind as much.
4. The first exam of the school year freaks me out. It doesn't help that it's a German prepositions exam on Monday. Biology follows on Friday. Much studying for all of us.
5. I am eating my first Honeycrisp apple of the season. I hereboy resolve to eat only apples, butternut squash and bacon for the next two months.
6. The other useful thing my parents taught me? Expensive taste. I finally found the land of good carpet yesterday, and immediately zeroed in on the good, really good stuff. Deb had pre-screened for me, to save me from the very real danger of touching something synthetic.
7. Wish me well as I recover; I'm going to donate a kidney or spleen or something to pay for the new carpet.
8. Minnesota Opera released its recording of The Grapes of Wrath, and it is spectacular. One particular aria, a lullaby really, can make me bawl on cue.
9. October 14 is looking more and more like the date for the new Macbook release. Please join me in fervent and inappropriate prayer.