Once those godforsaken finals are over next week, I will turn to seasonal pursuits with a vengeance. I am going to do much baking for gifts this year. Here's my list, so far:
1. Belgian Waffle Cookies: a speciality requiring my custom-made waffle iron. I'll make about 100 dozen. That. Is. Not. An. Exaggeration.
2. Double Chocolate-Cherry Espresso Bites. This year's StarTrib winning cookie. I think they look supernum, but not as fabulous as . . .
3. Frosted Cardamom Cookies, another StarTrib cookie finalist. Screw tradition, me wants new things.
4. Deformed Gingerbread People. That's right, the cookie cutters arrived!
5. Lefse: friends Mindy and Jud will be coming down from Glenwood, lefse-making expertise in tow, and we'll crank out some rounds.
6. Eric has a couple varieties of cookies he always makes, as well as his Norwegian Christmas bread. You can check out eWAC sometime soon for the proper spellings of all that.
7. Something new that YOU suggest. What cookie can I not do without this year? Of course, ideally you're baking them and giving me some, but alternatively, share a recipe or reference?