1.05.2009

Dreams of my Childhood

Apologies in advance; it is so not Going40 style to post a video from the internets. That is the realm of eWAC and Meema, who are able to curate these things so much better than I might. But when Hulu and our just-out-of-the-bathtub Saturday night staple, Lawrence Welk, meet, it's magic. And speaking of Hulu, all you not-so-supportive friends who know we don't have a TV, why am I just now finding out about it? If there are Law & Order episodes on there, I am hunting. you. down.

4 comments:

Meema said...

I LOVE this sketch!!!! Kristen Wiig is damn funny, IMHO.

Unknown said...

I pissed my pants the first time I saw this. I think Kristin Wiig is one of the funniest people ever on SNL. I also have a major crush on her. OK, confessions complete.

Meema said...

I second the formative role The Lawrence Welk Show played on the youth of our generation; that, and its twangier counterpart, Hee Haw. No weekend at my grandparents' farm was complete without them. Oh, and Benny Hill - but that's another therapy session...

p.s. to Tom - You and me both.

Unknown said...

As a 4-year-old, I loved Lawrence Welk (ask my siblings). And a 10-year-old. And at 18. Ok. Even now, It's pleasant enough. So sad.