3.26.2008

A good old-fashioned update

Post-spring break, here's where we stand:

Brit Lit: The orphan parade continues. Presented on Jane Eyre in class last night; that went fine. Got our first of three papers back: A-. All fine.

German: We really need to study more. We're barely hanging on to a B+ this semester. Too much grammar not synthesized with vocab. I'm understanding, but not writing or speaking well. If only I knew a German-speaking blogger who could help me . . .

Africa in Crisis: Is still in crisis, but we're not, at least not academically. How would we feel about a Fulbright in Johannesburg? Discuss.

Piano: I love the Ravel Sonatine so much, and I don't care that it's easy. I miss my real piano teacher. You know who you are.

Summer Collaborative Research Proposal: We wait for news.

Fulbright Application: We must get serious about this now. I'm having doubts about Salzburg. See Africa in Crisis, above.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want me to see if Christopher is available for coffee and some German practice?

Anonymous said...

Will tutor German in return für Kaffee und Kuchen.

You know where to find me...

Anonymous said...

By the way, I have a college friend who lived in Johannesburg for three years as a consultant for Mckenzie. He absolutely hated it there. (And he was an African studies major!)

He said the crime/murder rates are insanely high and everyone basically lives behind fences with razor wire atop them to keep intruders out. I've heard the same stories from a former coworker who grew up there, too. My advice: skip it.

Scott Rohr said...

Yeah, Eric already ixnayed the Johannesburg idea.