5.14.2008

How did this happen?

It's over! Total cliche, but it really does feel like yesterday that I decided to try this (school + blog). And here I am, through year one, and halfway to my degree. It feels kind of amazing. The most thrilling part, for me, is that I finished the year without regret. Nothing unfinished, no work I should have done but didn't. Quite the contrary: a couple academic awards, a string of As, a few kickass papers. And it's been fun! I'm going to take tomorrow to do NOTHING, and then I'll look forward to what's next. And most of all, thanks to all of you who got me through it: Eric, who is a saint for putting up with me, and Deb, who is relentless in her bossiness. And Eric M and Burt and Angie and Mark and Cate and Stephanie and Ann and Tom and Sean and Phil and and and! Thank you!

6 comments:

deb said...

Well done.

And I'm fully committed to continuing the bossiness for the foreseeable future.

Eric V. said...

And my sainthood will continue onto next year, to Germany or Austria, and onto graduate degrees.

Stephanie said...

I'd offer a congratulatory limerick, but I have a blog of my own to write now.

(Good job, though. You have every reason to be very proud!)

Anonymous said...

Because you're smart and you work hard. That's how.

Anonymous said...

We never doubted you for a minute, kiddo. That's not meant to diminish your accomplishment in the least, however. For truly, you have kicked some ass.

See you Friday!

annw said...

An impressive year, all around.

(And you're welcome.)