7.03.2008

Blogging, schmogging

Besides the umpteen books and articles for research I should slog through (and the presentation I have to prepare for Wednesday; yikes), I'm going to enjoy [That's right, enjoy! Do you hear that Prof K and all you other Big Thinkers? I'm going to enjoy the following books, just like the simple country boy that I am.] . . . okay, I seem to be a bit flustered. Breathing. Better.

Anyhoo, today I bought two pretty new hardback not from the library books: Sedaris, David. When You Are Engulfed in Flames. Crap, I can't even list a book without trying to cite it properly. I am ruined, I tell you, ruined. And A Romance on Three Legs: Glenn Gould's Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Piano, by Katie Hafner. I was attracted to three words: obsessive, perfect, and piano. I don't know why.

May your weekend be relaxing and offline (though you'll probably miss something fabulous here).

2 comments:

Eric said...

Oh! Dibs on the Sedaris when you're done with it (if it's going into the lending library, that is).

[Hmmm...that was a rather selfish post, wasn't it?]

Meema said...

Me next?

Selfish, schmelfish - he's damn funny!