5.30.2008

Still confused

Now that I'm a soccer mom, I thought I should start my day with my pals at the Today show. The commercials between segments are designed just for me, like for instance, the new Mirena spot. Mirena is a new, flexible IUC (that's intrauterine contraceptive for all you gay guys). I immediately went to the website to watch the demo video. If I'm understanding properly, Mirena is a little white spaceship shaped liked a Y. The top wings flap up and down to make it fly, which evidently scares the sperm away. I think. I'm not entirely clear on all the particulars, but then, I'm not a rocket scientist. Just a mom who wants to have a family that's "just the right size." Mirena is for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that's how it works, I need to get one of those thingies for my sheets.

Oh dear, that was dreadfully off-color, wasn't it?

deb said...

You should do very well in your upcoming science class.

Gynecology: History, Culture, Theory and Practice. Are you going to do the lab on Tuesday or Thursday?

Stephanie said...

Is "lab" short for "labia"? Is it good to only do one?

The above comment is not my fault. I spent the night not sleeping in an economy-class plane seat and was welcomed home by an e-mail from my moving company saying, "Oh, when you said you needed to move to American on June 23, you meant THIS year?! Gosh, sorry, we can't do that. You need to pick another company." Fortunately, I have almost 48 hours to deal with this before heading back to the airport to fly to DC for 10 days. And the 48 hours are all weekend time, when all French businesses are very, very closed.

I'm going to go sleep and hope this all turns out to be just a bad dream. And if the bad dream includes sperm-killing spaceships, I'm going to start mentally calling you the same names I'm calling my former moving company right now.

Stephanie said...

I just took a look at the Mirena website. Did anyone else notice that the soccer mom with the just-the-right-size family bears a striking resemblance to Sarah Jessica Parker? Even as a woman, Scott is perfect for Eric!