1. Best T-shirt seen while running today: I Heart Tater Tots.
2. Tired of the same old baked goods at your coffee house? Go to May Day Cafe, Bloomington Ave. at 35th Street (SE corner of Powderhorn Park). I'd forgotten how much I love it there. It's kind of a chaotic mess, but damn, they can bake.
3. Humidity, I'm done with you.
4. I'm reading a book unrelated to research (don't tell), and loving it: Look me in the eye: my life with Asperger's by John Elder Robison. Robison's younger brother, Augusten Burroughs, achieved some success with Running with Scissors.
5. Mad Men is a good watch. Season 2 begins Sunday night on AMC. It's the first basic cable show to receive an Emmy nomination for best drama series. Eric and I had never heard of it before the nominations last week. Now we own the entire first season on dvd and are trying like mad to watch 13 episodes this week. Such is our devotion to popular culture.
6. I have to take the GRE. Not sure when, but soon. Grad school application is due December 10. Yike-ity yikes. Anyone have some GRE study/prep recommendations?
7. There's a good chance next semester might be hell. See 6, above.