5.14.2009

Triumph des Menschengeistes

As I write this, I am moved by the profound coincidence that one week from this very moment, overwhelming applause still ringing in my ears, I will sit down at the piano in Sundin Hall to begin my senior recital (only nineteen short years after the first time that was supposed to happen, for those keeping score at home). It seems appropriate, what with things wrapping up and all (and yes, that includes Going40, which goes away May 31), to reflect back as only our fair readership can. That's right, it's LIMERICK TIME! Our final limerick contest. Your poems should be appropriate to the times (but please, nothing too congratulatory; I'm just a simple country boy). The prize will be glorious, the judge astute and eminent. The contest ends at 6:59pm, Thursday, May 21 (at which points your butts had better be in their seats at Sundin Hall—there are, by the way, very few excused absences being offered).

Limerickten Sie!

3 comments:

Sean said...

Will you start another blog?? I love this one.

Makes me wonder if mine is past its prime and needs to go away...

Stephanie said...

I've been pondering the primeness of my blog as well, since it turned one yesterday. Or maybe it's only 11 months old, since I haven't posted a thing in over a month.

Also, I really think the limerick contest needs to stay open until your commencement. I'm counting on the color scheme at Sundin Hall for lots of poetic inspiration!

Elise said...

OK, you ARE starting another blog, right? I need my weekly doses of Scott! Don't make me pitch a hissy fit!